You can download and Review Our Equine Adoption Application by clicking on the words below.
The Adoption Application is in Acrobat Reader Format
If you would like an Application emailed directly to you please email UAWRAdopt@gmail.com and request and Adoption Application to be sent to you.
1. It is the goal of Under the Angel’s Wings Rescue (UAWR) to place each horse in the home best suited to the needs of each horse. In addition, horses adopted from UAWR cannot be used for breeding, nor can they be re-sold or given away. The horse cannot be relocated from the original approved facility without permission of UAWR and cannot ever be relocated out of the state of California. In the event that placement does not work out for any reason, UAWR requires that the horse be returned to UAWR. Adopted horses must go to a home that has at least one other horse. Some exceptions can be made if there is a goat or other companion animals located on the property, this will be decided on a case by case basis. Horses are herd animals and require the companionship of at least one other horse.
2. Adopters must be 25 years old, be employed, financially and personally stable, have horse experience or a solid plan to learn about horses, the desire for a life long companion, a long term plan for the horse, have the quality time to give, the time/money for the required daily care and have adequate facilities.
3. The application consists Reference checks to send to farrier, vet and other references and a Facility Form, Needs to be filled out when your adoption horse is staying on land/farm or facility you do not own. To be filled out, signed, and returned by the facility/land/barn owner.
4. Applications for Adoption can be downloaded from this website above, you can request a copy to be emailed to you, or we can send via US Mail.
5. Once the application has been returned UAWR, the prospective adopter can then schedule an appointment to meet with and ride the horse. The purpose of this meeting is to allow UAWR the opportunity to evaluate the compatibility of the horse and prospective adopter. Upon completion of the working sessions, if UAWR determines that the prospective adopter and horse are reasonably compatible UAWR will proceed forward with the adoption process. If we do not feel you are compatible for that particular horse please do not feel offended as there may be other horses which may be suitable for your abilities and needs.
6. Following an acceptable facility inspection and reference check, UAWR’s Board of Directors will evaluate all information and make a final decision. UAWR may approve or deny final adoption and reserves the right to deny adoption for any reason, at its sole discretion, and is not obligated to state that reason.
7. UAWR reserves the right to conduct unscheduled follow-up checks on the adopted horse and the facility at UAWR’s discretion and at least on an annual basis. Upon placement of the horse, the adopter is required to submit an annual health statement from the adopter’s veterinarian and quarterly written and photo updates.
Thank you very much for contacting Under the Angel’s Wings Rescue, Inc. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
If you are just simply looking for a cheap horse we ARE NOT the group for you
If you are looking to put no effort into training and caring for your new horse we ARE NOT the group for you.
If you are looking to simply throw your horse in the backyard and ignore him or her and forget he is back there to feed, water, trim their feet, and provide care we ARE NOT the group for you.
If you are having financial problems in your life at this time a horse WILL NOT solve those issues please think again before taking on an animal that generally costs a minimum of $200-$250 + per month for general feeding, care, and upkeep. That does NOT include vet bills if the horse were to get sick or injured. A single vet bill can easily run in the range of $300 to $700. Remember you are generally paying $45-$75 just for a call out fee, plus $40 for exam, and additional fees for any medications, procedures, etc.
If you want a life long companion to love, work together, and keep even thru the tough times we ARE THE PLACE FOR YOU and strongly encourage you to fill out an application for one of our horses.